Grilled halibut is a healthy and delicious fish option that can be prepared in a variety of ways. This versatile seafood can be grilled, broiled, or pan-seared, making it a perfect choice for any occasion.
Halibut is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and it’s low in mercury and calories. So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty alternative to chicken or beef, give grilled halibut a try!
What is Grilled Halibut?
Halibut is a type of flatfish that is found in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. It is a popular seafood choice because of its mild flavor and firm texture.
Grilled halibut A healthy and delicious fish
Halibut can be cooked in a variety of ways, but grilling is one of the best methods for bringing out its natural taste. When grilling halibut, it is important to cook it on medium-high heat until the flesh is opaque and the skin is caramelized.
This will help to ensure that the fish is cooked through without being dry. In addition, grilled halibut pairs well with a variety of sides, making it a versatile and healthy option for any meal.
The nutritional benefits of eating grilled halibut
- Halibut is a lean fish with a mild flavor.
- Halibut is a good source of protein, providing 22 grams per 3-ounce serving.
- Halibut is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health.
- Halibut is low in calories, with only 110 calories per 3-ounce serving.
- Halibut is also low in saturated fat, with only 1 gram per 3-ounce serving.
- Halibut is a good source of several vitamins and minerals, including selenium, phosphorus, and vitamin B12.
- Grilling halibut helps to preserve its nutrients and keeps it from drying out.
- When grilling halibut, be sure to use healthy cooking oil and avoid overcooking the fish.
Share a recipe for grilled halibut with lemon and herbs
Grilled Halibut Recipe With Lemon and Herbs
- Olive oil
- Tomato paste
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Bay leaves
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Coat your halibut in olive oil and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Grill for about 8 minutes per side or until the halibut is cooked through.
- Once the halibut is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan, heat tomato paste over medium heat until it has increased in color and bubbled. Add ground cumin and coriander and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the tomato paste has thickened.
- Serve the halibut on a bed of fresh spinach leaves and top with a sprinkle of bay leaves if desired.
Cooking tips for grilling halibut perfectly every time
Grilling fish can be a bit tricky- you don’t want to overcook it and dry it out, but you also don’t want to undercook it and risk serving sub-par seafood.
Halibut is a delicate fish with a light, flaky texture, so it’s important to take care when grilling it. Follow these tips for perfectly grilled halibut every time.
- To start, make sure your halibut fillets are about an inch thick- any thinner, and they’ll cook too quickly. Any thicker, and they’ll be difficult to grill evenly.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, and whatever other spices you like before placing it on the grill.
- The key to perfectly cooked halibut is achieving a beautiful caramel color skin tone.
- You’ll want to cook the fish on medium-high heat until the skin is crisp and caramelized, then flip and cook for another few minutes until the flesh is cooked through.
- Remove the halibut from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will give the juices a chance to redistribute throughout the fish, resulting in a more flavorful and moist final product.
- Serve immediately with your favorite grilled vegetables or a simple salad. Enjoy!
Serving ideas for grilled halibut that will please everyone’s palate
Grilled halibut is a healthy and delicious option for any summer cookout. Whether you are looking for something simple or something a little more adventurous.
We’ve got you covered with these tasty ideas that will have your guests coming back for seconds. So fire up the grill and get ready to impress your friends and family with these amazing grilled halibut recipes!
1. Grilled Halibut with Lemon-Herb Butter
This simple recipe features halibut fillets that are grilled and topped with lemon-herb butter. The butter can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
2. Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa
This recipe features grilled halibut that is served with fresh mango salsa. The salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day.
3. Grilled Halibut Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
These tacos feature grilled halibut that is served with a cabbage slaw and topped with your favorite taco toppings. The cabbage slaw can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day.
4. Grilled Halibut with Peach Salsa
This recipe features grilled halibut that is served with fresh peach salsa. The salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day.
5. Grilled Halibut BLT Sandwiches
These sandwiches feature grilled halibut, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado on toasted sourdough bread. The avocado can be replaced with another type of spread, such as mayo or cream cheese.
6. Grilled Halibut Caesar Salad
This salad features grilled halibut, romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing. The dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
7. Grilled Halibut Nicoise Salad
This salad features grilled halibut, green beans, potatoes, olives, tomatoes, and hard-boiled eggs. The potatoes can be boiled ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day.
8. Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri Sauce
This recipe features grilled halibut that is served with a chimichurri sauce. The sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week.