Smoking burgers is actually a really healthy alternative to smoking cigarettes. Not only is it less harmful, but it actually has a lot of health benefits! One of the most notable of which is that it reduces the risk of heart disease.
If you love the taste and texture of a good burger but don’t want to spend a fortune on food, you’re in luck. There are many ways to make your own burgers at home. My recipe will help you learn how to smoke homemade burgers using simple ingredients and a smoking device.
Why Smoking Burgers Is MY Favourite Recipe
My husband and I were cruising the web one day when we came across a smoking burger recipe. We had always smoked our burgers before, but never with anything else on them. We thought it would be a great idea to try this out.
The first time, we followed the instructions for the letter. But even after smoking our burgers for what seemed like hours, they still weren’t cooked through. We were beginning to get frustrated, so we decided to experiment a little. We put some of our own spices on the burgers and let them smoke for another 30 minutes.
Finally, they were perfect! We now smoke our burgers every time we want them without having to worry about overcooking them or having them taste artificial.
What do I eat in a day healthy keto?
A healthy keto diet can be summed up with three simple words: clean eating. That means sticking to foods that are high in healthy fats, moderate in protein, and low in carbs. Here’s what I typically eat on a daily basis to stay on track:
-Smoked burgers: A great way to add some extra flavor and health benefits to your keto diet is by cooking up some smoked burgers. This recipe for smoked chipotle burgers is easy to follow and will give you delicious results every time!
-Salad: Another great way to include plenty of healthy fats and protein into your keto diet is by opting for a salad instead of processed foods. My easy Caesar salad recipe makes a perfect lunch or dinner option, loaded with fresh veggies and herbs.
Is Smoked meat good for keto diet?
Yes, smoked meat is definitely good for the keto diet. It is a complete protein and has zero carbs, making it a great option for people following this diet. Smoked meat also contains healthy amounts of fat and protein, making it an ideal source of nutrients for keto followers.
What meals are best for keto diet?
There are a lot of different meals that are considered to be good for the keto diet. Smoked burgers are perfect for this lifestyle because they can be made quickly and easily at home. This guide will teach you how to smoke your own burgers so that you can have them any time that you want.
You will need some basic ingredients for this recipe, including ground beef, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Start by mixing these ingredients together and forming them into small patties. You can then grill or fry them until they are cooked through.
Smoked burgers are a great option if you’re looking for something hearty and filling. They also make a great topping for other dishes, such as salads or fries. If you’re looking to try out this meal idea, be sure to check out the instructions below!
Does smoking meat add sugar?
When you smoke meats, they are often treated with wood chips (Editors Rating 9.2 out of 10) or chunks which burn and add their own level of sweetness. In the case of smoked chipotle burgers, the addition of these sweeteners means that each burger will have around 25-30mg of sugar. For someone who consumes 25-30mg/day, this could easily add up to a day’s worth of added sugar in just one meal!
Clearly, if you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying burger option that won’t add extra sugar to your diet, opting for something like portobello mushrooms or grilled chicken instead would be a better choice.
Best smoking wood for burgers
Smoking wood (Editors Rating 9.6 out of 10) is one of the oldest ways to cook food. It imparts a unique flavor to your food, and it is perfect for creating delicious mini hand-blender smoked chipotle burgers. You can choose any type of wood you like, but be sure to get a nice smokey flavor. If you’re looking for something specific, you can try smoking cherry or apple wood.
If you’re not too familiar with smoking wood (Editors Rating 9.2 out of 10), there are some great resources out there that will teach you how to do it properly. You can find books on the subject or even watch some instructional videos online. Once you have the basics down, it’s easy to experiment with different flavors and woods (Editors Rating 9.4 out of 10).
Mini hand-blender smoked chipotle burgers are a delicious way to use up some of your smoker’s leftover chips or jerky.Table could not be displayed.
How long and what temp do you smoke burgers?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preference and what type of burger you are smoking. Generally, though, you should smoke burgers for 2-3 hours at a temperature of about 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why are smoked burgers pink?
Smoked chipotle burgers are a delicious and smoky way to enjoy a burger. The recipe calls for using a smoker, but you can also use a grill or even an oven. Chipotle chilies give the burgers an intense flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
The addition of cumin and garlic further enhances the flavors. Smokey chipotle burgers are perfect for any occasion, as they are versatile and can be enjoyed as part of a casual meal or as part of a more formal setting.
Tips To smoke burgers on different smokers
- Smoking a burger is a great way to add some smoky flavor to your meal. There are many different ways to smoke your burger, and each has its own unique benefits.
- One popular way to smoke a burger is by using chips or chunks of chipotle in your smoker. Chipotle has a strong, smoky flavor that can really stand out in the burger.
- Other options for smoking your burgers include using oak or hickory wood chips, smoking rods, or even using a gas grill! Whatever method you choose, make sure to use the right ingredients and spices to create the perfect smoky burger experience.
- Finally, don’t forget about the condiments! A good smoky sauce is essential for any good smoked Burger recipe and can really elevate the flavor profile of your meal.
How to smoke burgers on Traeger
There are many ways to cook burgers on a Traeger grill (Editors Rating 9.6 out of 10), but the most popular way is to smoke them. Smoking food gives the burger a smoky flavor and makes it very juicy. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your Traeger grill to medium-high heat.
- Make sure that the smoker plate is clean and free of any food residue.
- Place the burgers on the smoker plate and let them cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings!
How to smoke burgers on pit boss?
The key to making them taste great is smoking the meat first on a pit boss (Editors Rating 9 out of 10), which gives it a delicious smoky flavor. Plus, they’re perfect for any barbecuing party! Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat the smoker to the temperature of 225 degrees F (107 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into four patties.
- Place the burgers on the smoker and cook for about 20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
- While the burgers are cooking, mix together some barbecue sauce and diced tomatoes in a small bowl.
How to smoke burgers in an electric smoker?
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to smoke your food, an electric smoker (Editors Rating 8.8 out of 10) is the way to go. Here are some tips on how to smoke burgers in an electric smoker:
- Start by spraying some oil onto the grates of the smoker.
- Then place your burger patties on the grate, making sure that they are evenly spaced.
- Close the lid of the smoker and set the temperature to 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Leave the burgers in for about 20 minutes or until they are cooked through. Serve them hot with your favorite toppings!
How to smoke burgers on a pellet smoker?
Smoked chipotle burgers are a great way to add an extra flavor profile to your burgers. These burgers can be smoked on a pellet smoker or in the oven, and the end result is phenomenal.
- To make these burgers on a pellet smoker (Editors Rating 8.8 out of 10), you will need ground beef, smoked chipotle powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg, and mayonnaise.
- First, mix the ground beef with the smoked chipotle powder and onion powder. Next, add in the garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, mix in the bread crumbs and egg until everything is well combined. Form the mixture into 6-8 burger patties and cook over medium-high heat in a skillet or on a pellet smoker until they are browned and cooked through.
Serve with mayonnaise on top for an extra boost of flavor!
How to smoke burgers on a charcoal grill?
You can smoke your burgers on a charcoal grill (Editors Rating 8.8 out of 10) or in a smoker, but either way, you’ll need some supplies. Here’s how to make smoked burgers on a charcoal grill:
- Start by prepping your grill for smoking by adding hot coals and spreading them around the grate.
- Place the desired amount of wood chips in the smoker or charcoal grill. Smoking requires wood smoke, so choose a good quality chip that will give off plenty of flavor.
- Once the chips are lit, place the burgers on the hot Grill and close the lid. Be sure to check on them occasionally, as they may take 30-45 minutes to cook through.
How to smoke burgers on a gas grill
Gas grilling (Editors Rating 8.6 out of 10) is a great way to cook burgers. This recipe for smoky chipotle burgers uses chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to give them a smoky flavor.
You can use any ground beef you like for this burger, but I recommend using grass-fed because it will have a stronger flavor.
- To make the burgers, combine the beef, adobo sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Then shape the mixture into four equal patties. Place the burgers on the grill over medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes per side or until they are browned and cooked through.
- Serve them topped with your favorite toppings such as avocado, tomatoes, cheese or jalapeños.
Best Smoking Burgers Recipe
If you’re serious about smoking delicious burgers, you may be interested in making your own smoked burger patties instead of purchasing frozen patties at the store.
Not only will homemade burgers give you far more control over how they turn out, but they’ll also taste amazing the difference between the two is night and day! But how do you go about smoking homemade burgers? Check out this quick recipe to find out!
Step 1 – Get all your ingredients together
To smoke homemade burgers, you’ll need a smoker; if you don’t have one, you can pick up a small starter model that works on your kitchen stove. You’ll also need oak chips or chunks; before smoking your burgers, soak them in water for at least an hour.
Don’t skimp on these ingredients—cheap beef and cheap chips will only lead to a less flavorful burger. Top-quality meat and wood mean better flavor every time. Step 2 – Prep your grill: Remove any excess fat from your ground beef and pat it dry with paper towels.
Place a handful of soaked wood chips into your smoker box (if using) and light them with a match or lighter. Let them burn until they are smoldering but not flaming, then place the box inside of your grill (or directly onto hot coals). Close all vents except for those under where you plan to cook—this is called indirect heat cooking.
Step 2 – Season the Patties
Season both sides of your patty liberally with salt and pepper. You can experiment with different seasonings, but go easy on them—you’ll have plenty of time to amp up that flavor after they’re done smoking.
Plus, excess seasoning can burn while they’re cooking; you may end up losing some great flavors that way. Step 3 – Preheat Your Smoker: Heat your smoker up to between 225-250 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you don’t have a thermometer, it should take about 20 minutes for a charcoal or wood smoker (Editors Rating 9.6 out of 10) to reach that temperature range.
Step 3 – Preparation of the Grill or Smoker
The first step in homemade smoking burgers is preparing your grill or smoker. If you’re using a gas grill, light it up and turn it to high heat. Allow it time to preheat, but don’t forget about it; if you let a gas grill get too hot, especially before adding wood chips (Editors Rating 9.4 out of 10) or smoking pellets, there’s a chance that they may catch fire.
If you’re using a charcoal grill, start by lighting up some charcoal briquettes and wait for them to burn down to white ash. Once your coals are ready, spread them out evenly across one side of your grill so that they can provide indirect heat for cooking your burger patties.
The next step is setting up an area for indirect cooking on another side of your grill.
Step 4 – Apply indirect heat and cook the burger
Allow the smoke to fill your grill, and then place burgers over indirect heat. Close the lid and let cook for 10 minutes. Flip burgers, close the lid and cook for another 15 minutes or until done.
Remember that temperature is more important than the time when smoking meat. Use a thermometer to know the inside temperature of the burger (165 degrees F). Remove from the grill and enjoy!
If you have leftovers, wrap them in foil and refrigerate them within two hours of cooking; they will keep up to three days. Reheat on a hot grill or in a skillet before serving.
Step 5 – Enjoy!
Once you’ve smoked your burgers, all that’s left is to enjoy them. A great side dish for a burger is French fries or grilled onions. Grilled veggies are also a tasty addition, but don’t forget about dessert—serve ice cream with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce on top.
Yum! And don’t forget to use plenty of napkins while eating; when you smoke meat at home, it tends to be juicier than what you find in restaurants. Enjoy!Table could not be displayed.