The holidays are always a time for celebration, family, and friends. What better way to ring in the New Year than with a delicious Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour?
This cocktail is the perfect mix of tart cranberry and bourbon sweetness, with just a hint of spice to give it that extra boost of flavor. So grab your favorite glass, and let’s get started!
A spiced cranberry bourbon sour
The holidays are a great time to try out new cocktail recipes, and this spiced cranberry bourbon sour is perfect for any holiday party.
The tartness of the cranberries is offset by the sweetness of the honey, and the addition of cinnamon and cloves gives the drink a warm, festive flavor.
To make this cocktail even more special, try garnishing it with a sprig of rosemary or a cinnamon stick. Whether you’re serving it to friends or family, this spiced cranberry bourbon sour is sure to be a hit.
Why You Will Like spiced cranberry bourbon sour
- The spiced cranberry bourbon sour is a delicious and easy-to-make cocktail that is perfect for the holiday season.
- This cocktail is made with bourbon, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and a variety of spices.
- The spiced cranberry bourbon sour is a great way to enjoy the flavors of the holidays in a single drink.
- This cocktail is perfect for holiday parties or as a festive way to celebrate the season with friends and family.
- The spiced cranberry bourbon sour is also a great option for those who are looking for an alternative to traditional holiday cocktails such as eggnog or mulled wine.
- This cocktail can be easily made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- The spiced cranberry bourbon sour is best served chilled and garnished with a lemon wedge.
The Things You need for this recipe
- Spiced cranberry simple syrup
- Fresh cranberries
- Lemon juice
- Egg white
- Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
The Recipe: Step-by-step instructions for making the drink
Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour Recipe
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cranberry juice to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bourbon, sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Set aside to cool. In a bowl or a glass jar with a lid, whisk the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks.
- Fold one-quarter of the beaten whites into the cranberry mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for several hours.
Tips & Tricks: Offer tips on how to make the perfect drink.
- Use high-quality bourbon. The quality of the bourbon will make a big difference in the final flavor of the cocktail. Avoid using cheap, bottom-shelf bourbons for this recipe.
- Use fresh cranberries. Fresh cranberries will provide the best flavor and color for the cocktail. If you can’t find fresh cranberries, you can use frozen cranberries, but they won’t be quite as good.
- Muddle the cranberries. Muddling helps to release the natural flavors and juices from the cranberries and mix them into the drink.
- Add a little sugar. A touch of sugar helps to balance out the tartness of the cranberries and makes the drink more refreshing.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice. The flavor of freshly squeezed lemon juice is much better than that of bottled lemon juice, so it’s worth the extra effort to squeeze it yourself.
- Add a few dashes of Angostura bitters. The bitters add a nice depth of flavor to the cocktail and help to round out all the other flavors.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary or a lemon twist. Either one makes a great garnish for this cocktail and adds a nice touch of decoration.
- Serve over ice. This cocktail is best served over ice so that it stays nice and cold.
Q1. What is cranberry simple syrup?
Cranberry simple syrup is a delicious and versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of cocktails and desserts.
Q2. How do you make cranberry simple syrup?
To make cranberry simple syrup, fresh or frozen cranberries are cooked down with sugar and water until they form a thick, syrupy consistency.
The syrup can then be strained to remove any bits of fruit, and it can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Q3. What is the best bourbon to use for a Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour?
The best bourbon to use for this recipe is Bulleit Bourbon. Bulleit Bourbon has a rich, complex flavor that pairs well with tart cranberries and sweet-spicy syrup.
The amber color of the bourbon also gives the cocktail a beautiful Thanksgiving-worthy look.
Q4. What is the difference between bourbon and whisky?
The main difference between the two is that bourbon must be made from at least 51% corn, while whisky can be made from any type of grain.
Bourbon is also required to be barrel-aged for at least two years, while there is no such requirement for whisky. As a result, bourbon tends to be sweeter and smoother than whisky.
Whisky can also vary widely in flavor depending on the type of grain used and the aging process.
Q5. Can you make Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour ahead of time?
This delicious cocktail can easily be made ahead of time, and it only gets better with age. To make a Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour, simply combine cranberry juice, bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a jar or bottle.
Then add a few cloves, cardamom pods, and a cinnamon stick. Let the mixture infuse for at least 24 hours, then strain it into a glass with ice. Garnish with a cranberry or lemon slice, and enjoy!
The longer the mixture infuses, the more flavorful it will be.
Q6. Perfect pairing with Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour.
The Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Sour is the perfect drink to enjoy this holiday season. The tartness of the cranberries pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the bourbon, and the spices add a touch of warmth.
This drink is also incredibly easy to make. Simply combine cranberry juice, bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a shaker filled with ice.
Then, shake well and strain into a glass. Garnish with a cranberry and a sprig of rosemary, and enjoy. Cheers!